Location(s) of Position(s)
8 Jul 2020
Allied Track Services
Operations Manager – S&C
Allied Track Services is a growing, fast-paced company looking for individuals who exhibit excellent work ethics and are able to work safely and efficiently.
Operations Manager – S&C
The Operations Manager, S&C reports to the General Manager S&C as a member of the senior management team, responsible for implementing company procedures to ensure the efficient utilization of company resources through job planning and resource planning and compliance with company policies and operating procedures for all field operations.
- Responsible for the direct management of S&C construction projects to deliver work safely and to the highest standards of quality.
- Leads the bidding input, planning, successful execution and reporting for all construction projects with full P&L performance responsibilities.
- Provides senior management support to S&C maintenance operations when required.
- Supports the GM S&C in all aspects to identify opportunities for continued improvement, including business development, client relations and process improvement.
- Maintains personnel matrices detailing experience, skills and qualifications to allow effective allocation of labour resources based on own assessment and supervisor reports.
- Works with senior management team to identify skills and training gaps for all operational labour resources, implements both internal and external training programs as required.
- Works with the GM S&C to identify organizational requirements to support current operations and operational growth and directly hires personnel for operations management and field operations.
- Works with the senior management team to develop and continually improve company processes and procedures for project planning, implementation, reporting and project execution.
- Manages the efficient set-up of projects through pre-job planning with field supervision and senior management team to ensure resource availability and liaise between functions to coordinate resource mobilization.
- Works with field supervision through site visits and regular contact during project execution to ensure company procedures are being followed, including; standard operating procedures, production reporting, crew management, health, safety and environmental procedures (supported by the H&S Manager) and client relationships
- Identifies opportunities for improvements in production and operating efficiency through improved planning, equipment utilization and methodologies.
- Supports the GM S&C in maintaining industrial relations with labour organizations, works with GM S&C to manage any industrial relations issues.
- Supports the GM S&C in all aspects to identify opportunities to EBITDA growth.
- Acts as Allied Track Services company representative to clients as required nurtures client relationships and identifies opportunities for revenue growth.
- Mentors junior staff on industry practices, industry relations, professional conduct, Promotes the core values of Allied Track Services, Safety, Quality, Integrity and a Commitment to Service.
- Assists others within the senior management team with corporate responsibilities as required to support Operational delivery and growth
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Thorough knowledge of signals and communications systems design, construction and maintenance based on practical experience.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of and experience with signals and communications circuitry.
- Diploma or degree in Engineering, construction management, business administration, resource management or related field desirable.
- Experience working in a management capacity within the construction or transportation sectors. Prior experience in the rail/transit construction sector.
- Proven ability to manage and mentor teams to achieve stated goals and drive continual improvement.
- Experience in labour relations and the management of direct labour.
- Highly developed communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in the use of standard business IT applications, such as MS Office.
- Ability to travel throughout Canada and the USA as required. Role will require up to 50% travel.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org