Location(s) of Position(s)
3 Feb 2022
Allied Track Services
Allied Track Services is a successful Railway Contracting Company headquartered in Grimsby, ON with facilities in North Bay, Winnipeg, Calgary, and Kamloops.
Allied is seeking to fill a competitive sales representative position to identify and attract new clients primarily in Ontario however also across Canada. The successful applicant will source new sales opportunities, develop existing relationships and work with our experienced Field and Service Experts to close opportunities. The successful candidate will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing clients, generating leads and qualifying prospects. This position will have both Inside and Outside Sales components and will require travel. The successful salesperson will support the overall marketing effort of Allied Track Services, including trade-show organization, client meetings and researching sales opportunities and assist in the management of the marketing database.
- Preferred location: Grimsby ON
- Assist in analyzing the market opportunity, tracking sales and providing status reports
- Evaluate customers’ needs and build productive long-lasting relationships
- Seek to understand customers’ operations to provide value-add proposals
- Present, promote and sell Allied’s services by providing solid proposals and solutions to prospective customers
- Research accounts and generate or follow through on sales leads, maintain and expand client database
- Attend meetings, sales events and training to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships to ensure future sales
- Coordinate sales effort with other Allied team members
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, drivers for success, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Meet personal and team sales targets
- Continuously improve through feedback
- “Get the sale” using various customer sales methods including door-to-door, cold calling, presentations etc.
- Motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to work on own initiative
- Personable, able to build relationships
- Driven, with a strong desire to succeed
- Sales and/or marketing experience or education preferred
- Proven sales experience an advantage
- Familiarity with different sales techniques
- Computer use competency. Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent Marketing and Sales education or experience preferred but not required
- Ability to prioritize, with strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Must be able to legally travel (Fly) in North America?
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension & benefits plan
- Company Vehicle
- Potential Travel approximately 20% of time within Canada and the US
- Opportunity to Advance
- The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Clean Drivers extract
- Reference check