Location(s) of Position(s)
21 Mar 2023
CAD Railway Industries
647 459 8320
Quality Assurance Manager
Cad Railway Industries Ltd was founded in 1968 headquartered in Montreal. We take pride on being North America’s leader of full-service solutions in the freight, passenger and commuter rail industries in Canada, the United States and offshore. Cad Rail has other facilities in Calgary, Lethbridge (under Caltrax banner) and has recently been selected by the ONxpress Transportation Partners association to provide all legacy fleet maintenance services for the Metrolinx rail fleet of approximately 1000 bi-level coaches and 90 locomotives. Cad rail’s delivery team will operate and maintain Metrolinx’s rail maintenance facilities in Etobicoke and Whitby, as well as in multiple overnight along with mid-day light servicing facilities located across the Metrolinx train service area.
Summary of the role:
The Quality Assurance/Quality Control/Customer Experience Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the quality assurance function including the developing, implementing and maintaining of a quality system for the Metrolinx’s Legacy Fleet Maintenance operations.
This individual will collaborate with the management team, customers, suppliers, partners and involved stakeholders.
Reporting to the Senior Compliance and Safety Manager, will be accountable for ensuring the business has strong quality systems and processes in place to support the maintenance operations. This will include understanding the specific needs of the customer and developing a clear vision to meet their expectations.
- Confirm that all HSE policies, processes and procedures are being complied with
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of the quality department including all continuous improvement functions and the ISO9001 certification
- Develop, implement, and maintain a quality system and all reliability testing for the organization’s products, services and processes. Establish a quality plan and ensure proper application in accordance with the contract requirements including ensuring the right level of safety
- Ability to design and improve the customer experience by understanding their specific needs and incorporating them into the business. Monitor customer satisfaction and ensure each touchpoint is a positive experience. Interface with customer quality teams
- Responsible to oversee quality strategies, objectives, and operational status to ensure high quality processes and standards
- Review quality testing policies and procedures to ensure that regulatory standards are followed
- Convey data trends, results, and potential implications of quality control data
- Design quality assurance policies to prevent issues that could lead to performance concerns. Ensure quality of the modifications made during the project
- Devise an operational excellence model based on industry best practices. Introduce best practices and trends in quality inspection and testing methods
- Oversee investigations into major quality issues. Make recommendations to address issues
- Participate in quality audits, review results, and make recommendations
- Provide quality awareness on quality activities and organize quality training. Guide project teams so they understand the contribution of quality to the project
- Report quality and safety alerts and manage all non-conformities
- Ability to develop KPI’s and present data
- Ability to take accountability for results and overall performance to headquarters and manage multiple KPIs
- Manage, coach and mentor a diverse team of 15 to 20 employees
- Prepare senior management relating any potential complications
- Work with the team to prepare and create recurrent reports that are requested by operations or higher
- Comply with the company’s applicable policies and procedures as well as human resources’ guidelines.
- Ability to build strong rapport with the team and unionized maintenance personnel
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Quality and Continuous Improvement or a related field with experience in the Management of a team
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Analytical with a strong ability to multi-task and experience performing audits
- Experience when dealing with headquarters/clients as this individual will be accountable for results and overall performance produced
- Degree in related field such as Engineering. Consideration will be given to education, training, and overall experience
Nice to have:
- Black or green belt certification and lean experience
- Experience working in an unionized environment
- Familiarity with related industries such as Aerospace
- Previous experience working in the passenger/rail industry
Cad Railway Industries Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Cad Railway Industries Ltd. provides an equal opportunity as an employer and we are dedicated to continue to preserve a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for every individual- no matter of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion and disability status.