Location(s) of Position(s)
12 Aug 2020
GATX: Who are we?
GATX is a global leader in leasing transportation assets. In addition to railcar fleets in North America, Europe and Asia, we jointly own one of the largest aircraft spare engine lease portfolios in the world. We are proud to have been named one of Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, and are seeking extraordinary individuals who are creative, intuitive, driven, intellectually curious and eager to join a dynamic organization where high-quality work, collaboration and dedication are deeply woven into the corporate culture.
As the Corporate Account Manager, you will create, pursue and maintain the assignment of net and full-service leases of specialty railcars to an assigned customer base – primarily shippers and related market segments. You will also build and maintain relationships with assigned and potential customers to achieve annual revenue and profitability targets, and to increase GATX’s market share. This opportunity is located in the eastern region of Canada.
How Will You Spend Your Day?
- Develop and implement account management strategies; identify and act on leads to develop new customer contacts and respond to customers’ railcar usage needs through strategic selling.
- Perform all business activities related to issuing new car quotes, placing new lease assignments, and maintaining/expanding existing assignments through effective renewals.
- Achieve new car fleet additions; match customers’ needs to the Committed Purchase Program by developing building orders for newly constructed railcars.
- Develop competitive information of lease offerings and sales activities within the industry, as well as opportunities to purchase existing fleets for leaseback to customers.
What Are We Looking For?
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Business Management, Finance or Marketing
- Proven track record in sales of value-adding services. Must be motivated and able to independently close “the deal”.
- 5+ Years National / Tier 1 Account Management and/or Class 1 RR account management.
- Demonstrated comfort in initiating contact with unknown individuals and companies to create sales solution opportunities.
- Excellent listening and presentation/communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word (or similar office programs), and use of a contact management software application.
GATX embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.