16 Feb 2023
Herzog Railroad Services of Canada, LTD.
Field Safety Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
*This is a non-exhaustive overview of the job duties for this position.
- Responsible for Safety compliance at Herzog.
- Conducts Safety audits and inspections and develops reports.
- Conducts Safety training (First-Aid/CPR/AED, Railroad specific, etc.).
- Conducts accident/incident investigations in a timely manner and develops reports.
- Conducts Job Safety Analysis and Hazard Analysis.
- Ensures compliance with Corporate Safety Directives and Procedures.
- Leads routine safety conference calls and meetings with employees at all levels.
- Assists with drug and alcohol screenings.
- Maintains a clean company vehicle and transports other employees/customers as needed.
- Initiate safety improvements.
- Notifies and keeps the Safety Director of Rail Services informed on current issues.
- Completes various projects regarding Occupational Safety and Health as assigned.
- Regular and consistent engagement, participation and promotion of Herzog’s Culture and its essential behaviors are a requirement for this position.
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality are a requirement for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.