15 Apr 2020
Grapple Truck Driver
Grapple Truck Driver- (Canada - Nationwide)
Business Unit:HTEC - Holland Turnkey Engineering & Construction
Holland LP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, citizen status, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local employment laws or regulations in every location in which the company has facilities.
The Grapple Truck Driver will drive, operate and maintain a Hi-Rail Grapple Truck, often times as a member of a crew to install new railroad track, maintain existing track and right-of-way.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Drive and operate a hi-rail grapple truck to load & haul track materials, and assist with track construction, installing plug-rails, etc.
- Material hauling may be over distance, within limits of a jobsite, or on-track to move and /or distribute materials.
- Perform daily routine inspection and maintenance on equipment to be operated including greasing, maintaining fluid levels, and filling out required paperwork.
- Trouble-shoot equipment problems and make minor field-repairs.
- Preform pre- trip and post trip inspections of vehicle.
- Maintain drivers logs and submit to safety department.
- Participate in group discussions including unit meetings, job briefings, safety meetings or process reviews.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Audio & visual acuity.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds may be required occasionally, up to 70 pounds on a rare basis.
- Stoop / bend / kneel / crouch / balance / climb on an occasional basis.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Wear protective equipment such as hard hat, hearing protection, safety-toe boots, and safety glasses.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Exposure to equipment that intensifies the heat factor on an occasional basis.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain a Class 3 license with air endorsement or a DZ license.
- Minimum of 2-year experience driving and operating preferred.
- Ability to drive an air-brake endorsed vehicle.
- Must be willing to travel via ground, air and rail.
- Must be willing to take and pass all mandatory pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to maintain a valid driver’s license along with an e-Rail Safe badge and meet the Holland Vehicle Fleet Policy.
- Must be able to complete annual training and pass safety and track worker rules examinations.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time to add or remove tasks as circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
About the Company…
Holland L.P. is a $275mm organization headquartered in Crete, IL. We have over 1,200 employees who provide a variety of contract services within the railroad industry in North America. We strive to set industry standards for both our service expertise and our equipment in fulfilling our mission outlined in our slogan, A Rail Solutions Partnership Unlike Any Other. In addition, Holland designs and manufactures equipment and products for utilization by our railroad customers, both domestically and internationally. Our leadership decisions are guided by our core values, which are: Respect, Family, Partnership, Improvement and Integrity. Holland Company is wholly-owned by The Curran Group, a privately-held holding company located in Crystal Lake, IL.
Please click the button at the bottom of the page to apply online