15 Apr 2020
Track Foreman- (Canada - Nationwide)
Business Unit: HTEC - Holland Turnkey Engineering & Construction
Req ID: 1708
Holland LP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, citizen status, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local employment laws or regulations in every location in which the company has facilities.
The HTEC Track Foreman will coordinate and mange daily work activities for a track construction and maintenance crew.
- Conduct group discussions including job briefings, safety meetings or process reviews.
- Direct work activities and instruct laborers and operators on completing tasks in an effective manner, meeting schedules.
- Oversee daily production, time, materials & equipment usage, track by completing related paperwork, and submit to Supervisor.
- Inspect track and make recommendations for repairs.
- Order tools, materials & equipment required for jobs while staying within budget.
- Field-train new operators and laborers and explain work procedures.
- Must show proficiency in on-track safety and railroad operating rules.
- Must be effective communicator, ability to read, write & speak fluent English is required; will communicate with clients in the field and with Holland Supervisors.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Audio & visual acuity.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to climb in and out of various equipment.
- Heavy work, lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Stoop / bend / kneel / crouch / balance / climb on an occasional basis.
- Wear protective equipment such as hard hat, hearing protection, safety-toe boots, and safety glasses.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Exposure to equipment that intensifies the heat factor on an occasional basis.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-year experience working within the railroad industry (Thermite Welding experience preferred)
- Minimum of 2-year experience overseeing track construction, renewal & maintenance.
- Complete annual training and pass safety and track worker rules examinations.
- Must pass all required assessments.
- Must be willing to travel extensively via ground, air and rail.
- Possess a valid drivers license and meet the Holland Vehicle Fleet Policy.
- 18 years of age or older.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time to add or remove tasks as circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
About the Company…
Holland L.P. is a $275mm organization headquartered in Crete, IL. We have over 1,200 employees who provide a variety of contract services within the railroad industry in North America. We strive to set industry standards for both our service expertise and our equipment in fulfilling our mission outlined in our slogan, A Rail Solutions Partnership Unlike Any Other. In addition, Holland designs and manufactures equipment and products for utilization by our railroad customers, both domestically and internationally. Our leadership decisions are guided by our core values, which are: Respect, Family, Partnership, Improvement and Integrity. Holland Company is wholly-owned by The Curran Group, a privately-held holding company located in Crystal Lake, IL.
Please click the button at the bottom of the page to apply online