Schaefer Electronics Inc.
Schaefer’s railway grade power conversion products include AC-DC power supplies, DC-DC power converters, rectifiers and battery chargers and DC-AC sine wave inverters. We specialize in custom railway power solutions for on-board and trackside heavy rail power supply applications that meet EN 50155 compliance. Our unique railway power solution design and manufacturing allows flexibility in rail power conversion for an endless combination of input and output voltages. Extra rugged construction ensures long-life, reliable operation in harshest environments and in the most demanding applications, including on-board electronics, as well as other transit vehicles, mining vehicles, and switches.
There are considerable challenges in ensuring a stable power supply system in the railway industry as there are not only strict technical and performance requirements but also the need to conform to several international standards. Schaefer offers custom engineering and manufacturing solutions for your heavy rail power supply challenges. Our experienced team can modify an existing product or design a new product and deliver the right solution for your railroad application.
· 24VDC, 36VDC, 37.5VDC, 74VDC, 110VDC, 115VAC, 220VAC, 400V AC 3ph
· Ultra-wide input ranges to handle extremes, such as the 74VDC bus
· Steady output power even during start-up or cranking conditions
· Buck, boost, or isolated topology
· DC/DC, DC/AC, AC/DC or AC/AC
· Custom solutions, typically with no NRE
· High efficiency for lower cost of ownership
· Hermetically sealed solutions
· Natural convection or water-cooled solutions
· Extra rugged construction for use in the most demanding and harsh trackside and on-board environments
· Redundant configurations for longer life operation in critical applications
· Ultra-wide temperature ranges
· Lightweight, high power density for smaller packageSend email