Proposed amendments to Part 8: Reporting requirements
A proposed amendment to Part 8, Reporting Requirements, of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (TDG Regulations) will be published in Part 1 of the Canada Gazette on June 6, 2015. The amendment will be accessible through the following URL:
This proposed amendment includes the following:
- New definition of Release;
- Amendments to reporting requirements to introduce circumstances under which a report is required;
- Exceptions where the reporting obligation does not apply;
- The reporting of the loss or theft of dangerous goods ;
- The reporting of unlawful interference with dangerous goods; and,
- New reporting criteria for misdeclared or undeclared dangerous goods to harmonize with International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) reporting requirements.
Comments are requested in writing on or before July 6, 2015. Please send comments to:
A/Chief, Regulatory Affairs Branch
Transport Dangerous Goods
Place de Ville, Tower, 330 Sparks Street, 9th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0N5
Tel: 613-990-5766 Fax: 613-993-5925
Fun Fact Friday
In honour of National Don’t Fry Day, here is today's overexposed fun fact! Did you know that... "According to results of both the 2010 U.S. National Health Interview...
AGM Registration Now Open
Registration is now open! Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Association of Railway Suppliers will be held online on June 6th, 2023,...
CARS Awards 2023 - Nominations Due September 30th
Each year CARS presents awards to outstanding CARS members during the National Railway Day Closing Dinner. The three (3) awards are as follows: Safety Award Innovation...